The retail property landscape is constantly shifting and you need to be able to rely on us to understand how the sector is changing in order to protect your interests.
The retail property landscape is constantly shifting, making the need for reliable and commercially sensitive professional advice essential to those who own, occupy, operate/manage, let or invest in retail property. We provide a complete range of commercial building surveying services and offer particular expertise in a number of core areas including technical due diligence, condition surveys, accessibility issues, planned preventative management (PPM) schedules, project services (including design/coordination of refurbishments, fit-outs etc.), party walls and development monitoring.
Of course, our many landlord and tenant clients benefit from our industry-recognised expertise in the fields of dilapidations and service charges especially as regards the control and recoverability of capital expenditure and ongoing operating and maintenance costs relating to the building’s fabric and services.
Our in-house M&E team is also invaluable to clients, as the often complex services installations in retail premises demand specialist input in order to ensure that systems are maintained and enhanced to deliver expected performance, efficiency and continuity of service.
Amongst our impressive track record in this sector are a large number of shopping centres, retail parks and retail units including: Clyde Shopping Centre, Glasgow; The Stratford Centre, London; Eldon Square, Newcastle and the Quadrant Centre in Swansea.
Trust us with your retail property consultancy because:
- Malcolm Hollis has an industry-recognised reputation and a proven track record of over 20 years in delivering consistently high quality, clear advice – often to very tight deadlines.
- Our network of 15 offices across the UK and Ireland means we offer nationwide coverage with local knowledge.
- Our client range is broad and features all of the top 20 UK funds, along with large and small investors, developers, funders and occupiers (both at a local/regional and national level).
- We have the resources to cater for the varying needs of clients – whether for standalone units or large, dispersed portfolios.
- With an in-depth understanding of a wide range of building types we offer strategic advice throughout a property’s life-cycle – right through to disposal – in order to preserve or enhance your property asset.
- Every instruction is led by a specialist team with partner supervision to ensure standards are maintained and our service remains efficient, offering excellent value-for-money.
- We are dedicated to training our staff to the highest levels to ensure all team members are up-to-speed with the latest technical and legal developments and market trends.
- Our independence means that we only have your best interests in mind, allowing us to provide you with objective advice, free from any other influences.